My style icon and beauty crush of the moment is Lauren Conrad.
She always looks so pretty and chic don't you think?
When it comes to make up she favours the natural look but glams it up with her signature eyeliner flicks and lashings of mascara.
Which is a perfect big day look if you ask me!
photo via Glamour
Helen Kalli, A-list and bridal make-up artist is on hand to teach us how to get her stunning look. Follow these easy steps below to create Lauren's beautiful, fresh and flawless look:
1. Start by applying a good and highly-recommended primer like Laura Mercier’s Hydrating Primer available from Spacenk to a clean face. This will fill in your pores and give you an even canvas to work with as you build the rest of the look. It’s important to start with even skin to ensure you get Lauren’s smooth and flawless finish.
2. Next, apply Becca’s Luminous Skin Colour Foundation, £35, with a brush in the areas that need it to give you amore even skin tone. When used after a fantastic primer, this is a great base for a fresh-faced skin and looks really natural and flawless.
3. Once you have your base, carefully apply concealer in the areas where you need it to cover redness, dark circles and blemishes. I love Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage as it has a high pigment which means thin layers go a long way, giving you a fresh and beautiful skin without the need to overuse and avoiding caking or a build-up of make-up over your skin’s blemishes.
4. Translucent powder is key for setting your base so that it can last as long as it needs to for your special occasion. I love to use Ben Nye's colourless powder, it gives great results and sets the foundation perfectly, giving you a lovely and even skin tone.
5. Use a matt bronzer in a warm tone to give you Lauren’s natural-looking sun-kissed and glowing complexion. Apply this to your forehead, cheeks and chin (also your neck if you’re slightly paler there) and apply a little more on the cheeks as a blush.
6. Lauran’s beautiful, green eyes are enhanced by her smoky, cat-like make up. To get the look, apply Laura Mercier’s Chambord very lightly across the lid and blend in the crease to make it soft, then take a small amount of your bronzer and apply to the crease of the eye to balance.
7. To get Lauren’s trademark flicks, use a gel eyeliner from Maybelline in black, and apply using a flat liner brush. You may find it helps to do the flicks first on both eyes to get them even, then apply the liner across the lashline.
8. Lauren’s super sexy lashes are truly something to be envied – and replicated! Use lashings of mascara to get the look - try Diorshow for extra length and volume.
9. Brows are also a focal point in this look. To copy them, start with a brow pencil. For Lauren it would be Blonde by Laura Mercier. Then, in small feathery strokes, apply a brow powder in deep blonde. Using a brow powder gives a more natural, hair-like look which is soft but can been applied stronger for a more dramatic look.
10. Finally to get Lauren’s full and beautifully shimmering lips apply Becca’s Laelia in Peach Nude!
Helen is available for bridal make-up services and for DIY master classes for brides in the UK. Contact Helen by visiting her website or call her on 07969 294690.
So who's your big day beauty crush? Are there any celeb make up or hair looks you'd like tutorials for?
I know when I was planning my own wedding make up I looked to actresses and style icons (past and present) for inspiration. I'd love to hear from you, I'm envisioning a fun new beauty feature! x