If diamonds are a girl's best friend then Blue Nile is a BFF for life.
www.bluenile.com is the leading online retailer of diamonds and fine jewelry delivering their gorgeous gems and jewels worldwide.
Their website features a selection of 100,000 independently certified, conflict free diamonds and a classic collection of fine jewelry at prices that are 20 to 40 percent below traditional jewelry retail.
There is a wealth of helpful information on the website - from detailed information on diamond ring shapes to everything you need to know about 'the 4 Cs'.
I love that Blue Nile places such emphasis on product education as it enables couples who don't know a carrot from a carat to make informed, confusion-free jewelry purchases.
Your engagement and wedding rings are some of the most expensive, precious and sentimental pieces of jewellery you'll ever own, so the more information and guidance you have, the better.
And, the great news is that throughout May you can save 10% on select platinum styles for men and women!
Here's a few fun facts about platinum from Blue Nile:
- Platinum is Blue Nile’s most popular metal for engagement rings and wedding bands. Strong and
durable, and with a naturally white sheen that will never fade or change color, it’s the ultimate symbol of everlasting love.
- Platinum’s naturally white sheen accentuates the sparkle and brilliance of a diamond. And because it’s a naturally white metal, re-plating is unnecessary; it will always hold its beauty.
- Platinum is durable. Its density makes it the most secure setting for your diamond or precious gemstone.
- Platinum jewelry is very rare; in fact, 30 times more so than gold. Blue Nile platinum is 95% pure (5% iridium, palladium, ruthenium, and other alloys), and its purity makes it naturally hypoallergenic, ideal for those with sensitive skin issues.
- It’s easy. Simply soak platinum in a mild solution of warm soapy water, and then gently scrub it with a soft-bristled brush.
I can also personally confirm platinum's durability, easy clean-ness and all round gorgeousness. Both my engagement ring and wedding ring are platinum, and they survived a year teaching kindergarten surrounded by play doh, sand and lots of outdoor play.
And, as mentioned above, a quick rinse with soapy water and the shine comes up a treat!
Platinum Wedding Rings
Your engagement ring will most likely determine the type of wedding band you opt for but there are lots of lovely options to choose from.
I put together some of my favourite wedding ring designs from Blue Nile's selection of Platinum wedding rings below.
I also adore curved wedding bands as they compliment a wide variety of engagement rings.
And how about this unique, infinity wedding ring - with it's forever love connotations - for something a little different?
Here are a few of Blue Nile's most popular platinum ring designs:
(Click on the images to see more information about each ring.)
Beautiful, aren't they?