The wedding budget is a not-so-fun but very necessary part of planning your wedding. Talking about money can seem uncomfortable but here at Bridal Musings, we're not ones to shy away from uncomfortable conversations!
5 of Our Best Wedding Budget Posts
Here are 5 of our most useful, purse-friendly planning posts to help you make the most of your wedding budget, whether it's $200,000 or $2000.
- How to prioritize what to spend your money on for your wedding
- The number one tip that could save you $1000s on your wedding
- How much should you spend on an engagement ring?
- How to stay within your budget for your wedding flowers
- Shop wedding dresses in every budget
Your Free Wedding Budget Spreadsheet
Our Editor-in-Chief, Claire Eliza, has put together an all-encompassing wedding budget spreadsheet template (that she used for her own wedding!) to help you and your love get grips with your budget.
Claire is keen to point out that this template isn't an exhaustive list of all the things you ‘should' have at your wedding but manages to cover everything you ‘might' be included in your day – and thus help you not forget!
Would you just look at how organized and detailed this spreadsheet is?!
This spreadsheet will help you in the initial stages of wedding budgeting as you estimate roughly how much each service & vendor is going to cost, right through to after you've booked your dream team of vendors and receive those ‘final payment due' emails.
It'll help you to keep your budget in check along the way with the handy addition of a ‘difference' column – which calculates how much over or under your estimated budget you are.
Claire has done all the hard work for you – all you need to do is input the figures.*
And the best part is – it's absolutely FREE to download!
* If you'd like to use a different currency, go to the ‘123' button at the top left of the spreadsheet – then scroll down to ‘more currencies'.
How to Download Your Free Wedding Budget Spreadsheet:
2. Click here to access the Google Spreadsheet. Then click ‘File' in the left-hand corner of the page and ‘Download' – then you can download it as an Excel Spreadsheet (or as CSV to use with other spreadsheet software). See the screenshot below for more info:
Using a Google spreadsheet is a great option to be able to keep track of your budget on your laptop and on your smartphone when you're out and about. Because the information is stored online it syncs to all of your devices and is also perfect for collaborating in real-time. (You also have the option to download it and open in Excel too by following the steps outlined above.)
Best of luck with your budgeting, folks!
The key is to prioritize the things that are most important to you and your partner – and that goes for all aspects of wedding planning!
Scoring the Best Wedding Deals Online
Oftentimes, shopping online for your bridal fashion, decor & supplies is the best way to compare prices and score the best discounts. And, this is our bread and butter! Listed below are all the best places to shop for your wedding fashion & accessories, favors, decor, and so much more. You'll find shops that serve couples in every budget so you can hit that target number in your free budget spreadsheet.
- Engagement Rings & Wedding Bands
- Wedding Dresses, Separates & Pantsuits
- Wedding Invitations, Stationery & Paper Goods
- Bridal Shoes
- Wedding Veils & Bridal Accessories
- Bridesmaid Dresses & Attire
- Groom & Groomsmen Attire
- Wedding Favors & Supplies
- Honeymoons & Travel Gear
Need more help?
We have plenty of expert advice, cathartic real talk & more wedding budgeting ideas in our Planning section!