I'm a big fan of the bridal chignon.
It's chic, sophisticated and comes in many shapes and sizes to suit all manner of brides.
Learn how to create a low, messy chignon that's perfect for your big day!
(Or your bridal shower, bachelorette party, Christmas work ‘do, as a bridesmaids hairstyle…the possibilities are endless!)
Messy Chignon Tutorial
1. Day old hair works best. Wash your hair the day before & apply conditioner only on ends. Apply heat protection spray & blow-dry the hair with a large round brush. Do not flat iron.
2. Apply a little mousse or volumizer to the roots of your dry hair & allow volumizer to dry.
3. Section hair into 2 ½ inch sections. Take each hair section & curl with 1 ¼ inch barrel curling iron & lightly mist a very light hold hair spray onto hair.
4. Gather the curled hair sections & pin them up. Mist pinned hair with light holding hair spray. Allow hair to set for at least 30 minutes.
5. Remove the pinned set working from the nape of the neck area first. Leave the crown, front & side sections alone for now.
6. Back comb or lightly tease each loose section at the root. Mist hair with a light hold hair spray.
7. After back combing & spraying, gently smooth any snarls or flyaways with a wide toothcomb, and then finger comb the sections together.
8. Use an elastic band to create a side ponytail. The crown area of the hair should still remain set.
9. Divide the ponytail into sections. Take each section and fold the sections loosely & randomly around the base of ponytail & secure in place with a bobby pin. The sections should look soft as if they were ready to fall out of the knot.
10. Release pin curls from crown, sides & front. Repeat step 6 & 7 until all of the sections are blended & pinned into place. Style the front as you like. Gently loosen any side wisps for a romantic look.
11. Apply a small amount of smoothing crème to flyaway areas. Lightly mist with a finishing hair spray like Kenra #25.
Such a soft and romantic bridal look.
Here's a little cut out and keep step by step tutorial – why not pin it to your Hairstyles Pinterest Board?
I can't wait to try this look out! (Just wish I had the sparkly dress above to complete my look!) How about you?
Remember, practice makes perfect!
Not so confident with that curling iron? Magda Designs offers one to one make up and hair lessons to help destination and DIY brides learn how to master their chosen wedding look. Such a great idea!
More Bridal Beauty Tutorials on Bridal Musings: