So, something kind of amazing happened…
Bridal Musings has been invited to go to Malaysia!
It’s all thanks to the #LoveSabah tour arranged by iambassador in partnership with Sabah Tourism and Royal Brunei Airlines who are sending a group of travel bloggers (and me, Elizabeth!) on an action packed, week-long tour of Sabah, Malaysia.
Sabah is a beautiful destination wedding and honeymoon hotspot on the island of Borneo – a tropical paradise consisting of soft sand, turquoise waters and lush rainforests.
*Stops typing to pinch self.*
photo by Memang Rizalis Ent
Claire and I are both huge travel lovers so one of our goals for this year and going forward into 2015 has been to share more destination wedding and honeymoon related content on Bridal Musings. (Did you catch our rather fab A-Z Guide To Honeymoons post or how about 5 Alternative Locations For Destination Weddings?)
So this opportunity to experience an exciting and diverse destination wedding/honeymoon location up close and share it with you lovely lot couldn’t have come at a better time!
A family of orang-utans at Sepilock Orang-Utan Rehabilitation Center, Sabah
Meet The #LoveSabah Bloggers
– There’s Becky whose blog Global Grasshopper is aimed at wanderlust-filled travellers in their twenties and beyond (that’ll be us then).
– Husband and wife team Terry and Sarah will be covering Malaysia’s laid-back luxury for honeymooning couples on Live Share Travel.
– Niamh writes about food-filled joy and travels on Eat Like A Girl. Yum.
– Abi and Stu of Inside The Travel Lab will be taking a look at what Sabah has to offer couples looking for luxury and a cultural connection.
– While talented videographers Lea and Nicolas of, the aptly named, Lea et Nicolas will be capturing and creating a film of the trip. (Which, if their Vimeo account is anything to go by is going to be in.cred.ible!)
photo by Memang Rizalis Ent
Send Us Your Sabah Questions
As I’ll be spending a whole week with a team of South East Asia travel gurus and Sabah wedding planners, I intend to get you all the insider knowledge you need for a magical Malaysian wedding/honeymoon!
Want to know the best honeymoon activities for adventurous couples? Nature loving couples? Couples who just want to chill by the beach? Want to know which hotel has the best beach ceremony set up? Or even simply how the heck do you legally get married in Malaysia?’ We’ve got you covered.
If you’re considering having your wedding, honeymoon or next holiday in Malaysia, and are keen to find out more about Sabah, please do share your questions in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram where I’ll be sharing my travel musings throughout the trip.
(Don’t forget the hashtag #LoveSabah so all the bloggers can see and pitch in!)
Gaya Island Resort, Sabah
Lets Explore Sabah Together!
I want to squeeze you all into my suitcase so we can dip our toes into the crystal clear waters and whizz down the world’s longest island to island zipline (eek!), hang out with Orangutans, go on night jungle treks and sample the delicious Malay food and famously generous hospitality together.
So come along and join me for the ride – the adventure starts next week on November 9th!
This post was brought to you as a result of the #LoveSabah blog trip, created and managed by iambassador in partnership with Sabah Tourism and Royal Brunei Airlines. But, as always, Bridal Musings maintains full editorial control of the content published on this site.