Your wedding day mani is an excuse to play around with your look, it can be classic and elegant, bold and fashion forward, or fun and quirky.
But whether you go for wild nail art or a barely there blush, your hands will play a centre stage role in your day. They're a big part of vows (with this ring etc…), all your friends will want to see them, and chances are your photographer will be snapping them a lot too.
So, it's good to put a little thought into how you want them to look.
Blush + Blow's Top 5 Tips for Your Wedding Day Mani
As you might remember, I popped into gorgeous London beauty salon Blush + Blow before my wedding for a bit of hand pampering. So I figured, who better to hit up for some expert tips on how to get the most from your bridal manicure?
- One to two weeks prior to the wedding, start the daily moisturising process with a cream and a serum or oil.
- After a few days, when the hands and nails are well hydrated the hands and feet will be ready for filing, buffing and cuticle work.
- We recommend a gel as opposed to regular polish as it lasts longer. There's nothing worse than chipped nails being photographed with a brand new wedding ring!
- French polish, nude, or a light pink are the perfect colours to use for your special day with a nice square or oval shaped nail.
- Our top colour recommendations: Mademoiselle and Ballet Slippers by Essie.
Now you know how to prep your hands for your pre-wedding mani pedi, now you need to decide how you want your bridal nails to look!
From twists on a French polish to cool retro geometry, chic matte tones to real foil metallics, with gel technology and new products on the market, there's never been a better time to play around with your polish, and there's never been so many options for painting your wedding nails.
Scroll down for 18 of our favourite ideas for gorgeous wedding day talons…
1. Vintage Glamour
2. All That Glitters
3. Burgundy Bride
4. A Modern Blush
5. Gilded Tips
6. Paint It Black
7. The Classic Red
8. Mixed Pastels
9. Centre Sparkle
10. Solid Colour
11. A New Nude
12. Do the Polka
13. Something Blue
Nails & Photo by Paintbox Nails
14. Bling Finger
15. Love Hearts
Photo by Bing Bang NYC
16. Two Neutrals
Nails by Laura Gummerman via A Beautiful Mess
17. Mad About Matte
Nails by Anna Gorelova
18. Just White
Which one is your favourite? Full disclosure, that last shot (with all the rings!) are my wedding day nails. I went for an off-white look for something that was neutral but still modern and a little bold.
I really love the matte and nude tones though, and I'm rather partial to a cornflower blue or grey on a bride too!