We’re super excited to announce that we’re on the lookout for a talented managing editor (and fellow wedding obsessive) to join Bridal Musings!
If you’re passionate about weddings and blogging, have an eye for design, and are creative and self motivated then you could be the perfect fit.
This is an opportunity to write daily about a subject you love, establish yourself in the wedding space and develop your editorial and social media skills. You’ll play a key role in inspiring and growing Bridal Musings’ readership as well as taking the brand to the next level.
Read on for more information about this exciting position…
The role will involve:
- Selecting and sourcing weddings, images and videos that match Bridal Musings’ editorial line and aesthetic.
- Writing and editing thoughtful, helpful and beautifully presented posts in WordPress.
- Creating and developing new content ideas and strategies.
- Scheduling blog and social media posts and managing the Bridal Musings editorial calendar – this includes working alongside / managing freelance writers and guest contributors.
- Corresponding with readers, wedding vendors, guest contributors and sponsors via email.
- Promoting posts across social media to ensure maximum visibility on the web.
- Working with our sponsors to create engaging editorial and social content and campaigns.
- Engaging with our readers and followers via social media.
- Attending occasional wedding industry events, fairs or shows.
- Anything and everything to help grow the Bridal Musings brand and following online and off!
- Able to commit to 25-40 set working hours a week
- Self motivated, organised and creative.
- Blogging experience – solid, working knowledge of WordPress.
- Strong writing / grammatical skills and a fun, friendly writing voice.
- Must have access to a phone, computer and a reliable wifi connection.
- Be familiar with Gmail, Skype and Dropbox.
- Social media savvy – with accounts on or experience of Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest and Instagram
- Knowledge of blogging best practices eg. resizing images, crediting sources
- Similar visual aesthetic (please peruse the blog and the BM Pinterest boards to see if our styles are aligned).
- An open mind and desire to be part of our mission to create an inclusive wedding resource that celebrates and represents love and weddings in all their beautifully diverse forms. *
- Graphic Design skills – able to to create graphics for blog posts and social media
- Photography skills
- Styling skills
- Knowledge of SEO
- Experience of blog monetization practices eg. writing sponsored content, utilising affiliate links
Location: Anywhere! This is a virtual position. However, New York / California / London based applicants will be highly regarded.
Salary: To be determined based on experience, location and time availability.
Start Date: ASAP – the deadline for applications is 24th July 2017.
Sound like your dream job? Apply here
We can’t wait to hear from you! (And if this opportunity isn’t right for you, please do send this post on to friends who you think would be a good fit.)