If you’re not a professional event planner, catering proposals can be confusing! There are so many small details that go into catering a wedding, and a lot of those are easy to forget or overlook.
To help make sure you get all of the information you need before booking your caterer, we reached out to our favorites at Colette’s Catering for a list of 10 questions every bride should ask their wedding caterers.
- Are you insured? And are you licensed to provide bar services? Will I need to source any permits?
- Do you offer food tastings? If so, is there and additional cost? And what are the food choices and service style?
- Do you customize menus? And accommodate dietary restrictions?
- Are you on the preferred list at our venue and have you done events there? Or, do you recommend a venue that fits my needs?
- Do you prepare food at your kitchen facility and/or on-site?
- Do you have any specialty dishes? Can you source organic, seasonal and local ingredients?
- Do you include all costs in your proposal and how is your pricing broken down?
- Do you offer culinary upgrades, a la carte options and/or specialty displays?
- How much time do you require for setting up and breaking down?
- Can you handle rental equipment needs and what is your policy on cleanup?
Save these questions to your wedding planning Pinterest board so you’re ready for your catering calls & meetings! We’ve even got our own Wedding & Party Food board ready for you filled with tasty ideas!
Questions provided by Sarah Kulhberg, Creative Director of Colette’s Catering & Events.