It's easy to see how a love of travel and an adventurous spirit can bring two people closer together. The notion of hitting the open road/sailing away/leaving on a jet plane and traveling the world together is oh so romantic…
And maps are a thing of beauty don't you think?!
Here are some chic and unique ideas on how to incorporate travel and maps into your wedding:
Top Image Stone Crandall Photography via Green Wedding Shoes | 1 via Weddings Unveiled | 2 Stone Crandall Photography via Green Wedding Shoes | 3 via The Loveliest Day | 4 via 100 Layer Cake | 5 Sweet Little Photographs via Bridal Musings | 6 via Ruffled
1. Globes, big and small can be used in many ways ~ as centre pieces, decor, escort cards or for the perfect travel themed wedding ring shot! Check out this DIY post on how to use globes in a very unique way.
2. There are a myriad of gorgeous travel themed map/postcard save the date/invitation suites out there to give your guests a hint at what's to come. Include maps of the venue and surrounding area or map the journey from when you first met to your wedding day!
3. I can't get enough of escort cards pinned to a map! It's a chic, cheap and visually appealing option that is bound to get guests talking.
4. Let's not forget the engagement shoot! A map and a pair of binoculars make the perfect travel themed props.
5. I adore the thought of a driftwood sign pointing to the countries/places dearest to you and how far away they are. In fact, I adore this whole beachy chic travel themed wedding!
6. Map insoles. Who knew?! Such a cute way to incorporate ‘home' into your wedding day, especially if you're having a destination wedding.
7. More pretty travel paper goods ~ why not finish off the look with vintage stamps and/or map envelope liners? Here's a simple DIY envelope liner tutorial.
8. Paper airplane save the dates made out of airmail style paper? Yes please!
9. Favour boxes look a whole lot more interesting covered in maps ~ a great way to recycle old maps.
10. An incredibly unique handkerchief aka map invitation concept aka ‘the handkermap' ~ see the full details here.
11. Instead of confetti, how about a paper airplane toss? Use pretty paper in your wedding colours or, even better, map print outs. This is the perfect option for those awkward venues who don't allow confetti as they are easy for bridesmaids/ushers to pick up afterwards for a quick clean up.
Bonus Ideas: Use meaningful places you've travelled to as table names, post card escort cards or have guests write their best wishes (and must-see destinations) on postcards and pop them in a suitcase in lieu of a guestbook.
Are you a fan of travel themed weddings? Where are you and your partner's meaningful places?