I hope you had a marvelous weekend. Mine was a busy but fun one spent preparing for a rather epic inspiration shoot I'm working on today. It features some of the most heavenly wedding dresses you ever did see – be sure to follow along on Twitter and Instagram for sneak peeks!
Okay onto this pretty and playful purple wedding inspiration board by Rose of Rose and Ruby Paper Co.
According to our friends at Lover.ly, purple was THE colour of 2012 – brides were (and still are) loving lilac and lavendar hued nuptials.
And is it any wonder when you look at this?!
Lilac, lavendar and gold wedding ideas
Lilacs are not only gorgeous but smell divine!
And purple can be pretty and elegant without being too girly. A great compromise if your groom is keen to avoid an overly feminine wedding.
Karma Hill via Wedding Chicks | Ashley Brockinton via Every Last Detail | June Lion via Cameras And Light | Joanna Wickham Photography via Oh Lovely Day | Simply Pix | The Collective Photographers via Grey Likes Weddings | Flowers And Stripes | Dita Von Teese via Bridal Musings
– A sprig of lilac at each place setting looks really beautiful. Lavender works too and looks very pretty especially with miss-matched china or ditsy printed plates.
– Go brave and try a coloured dress – if not for your ceremony, try something really glam for the evening.
– Purple looks amazing with lots of texture from feathers to lace, ruffled chiffon to sequins!
– Lilac macaroons or purple Hershey’s Kisses make cute wedding favours and are nicely in keeping with the theme.
– Finish with lots of pink champagne cocktails garnished with berries!
Thanks so much to Rose for sharing this beautiful board.
More inspiration boards on Bridal Musings
Find lots more wedding inspiration in The Photo Gallery