I'm super excited to announce that I'm on the look out for a talented writer/editor (and fellow wedding obsessive) to join Bridal Musings!
If you're passionate about weddings and blogging, have an eye for design, and all things chic, then you could be the perfect fit.
This is an opportunity to write daily about a subject you love, establish yourself in the wedding space and develop your editorial and social media skills. You'll play a key role in inspiring and growing Bridal Musings' readership as well as taking the blog and brand to the next level.
Read on for more information about this exciting position…
photo by Dasha Caffrey Photography
The role will involve:
- Selecting and sourcing weddings, images and videos that match Bridal Musings’ editorial line and aesthetic.
- Writing and editing beautifully presented posts in WordPress.
- Creating and developing new content ideas and strategies.
- Scheduling posts and managing the Bridal Musings editorial calendar.
- Corresponding with readers, wedding vendors, guest contributors and potential advertisers via email.
- Promoting posts across social media to ensure maximum visibility on the web.
- Writing occasional branded content pieces for our awesome advertisers.
- Attending occasional wedding industry events, fairs or shows.
- Anything and everything to help grow the Bridal Musings brand and following online and off!
- Able to commit to 25-40 hours a week.
- Self motivated, organised and creative.
- Blogging experience – working knowledge of WordPress.
- Strong writing / grammatical skills and a fun, friendly writing voice.
- Must have access to a phone, computer and a reliable wifi connection.
- Be familiar with Gmail, Skype and Dropbox.
- Social media savvy – with accounts on or experience of Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram
- Knowledge of blogging best practices eg. crediting sources
- Similar visual aesthetic (please peruse the blog and my Pinterest boards to see if our styles are aligned).
- Photoshop skills
- Photography skills
- Knowledge of SEO
- Experience of blog monetization practices eg. implementing side bar ads for vendors / writing sponsored content
Location: Anywhere! This is a virtual position. However, New York / California / London based applicants will be highly regarded.
Salary: To be determined based on experience, location and time availability.
Start Date: ASAP – the deadline for applications is February 7th 2014.
Sound like your dream job? Apply here
I can't wait to hear from you!
Ps. If this opportunity isn't right for you, please do send this post on to friends who you think would be a good fit.