First it was on the catwalk. Then it was on the red carpet.
So it’s only natural that this season’s biggest beauty story is set to hit the aisle soon too.
Spring 2014 is all about orange lips.
From pretty coral pouts to bright tangerine smiles, no shade of orange is off-limits for spring and summer brides searching for a unique look for their first kiss as married women.
If red is too wintery and pink, too sweet, but you’re still after a statement lip that packs a punch, think tomato, apricot, pumpkin and carrot. (Yum.)
The best thing about orange is that is can be as subtle and sweet or as bold and striking as you fancy.
While orange may seem like an impossible pigment to perfect, there is a reason, designers, (DKNY, Rag & Bone), celebrities, (Jessica Alba, Alexa Chung), and now brides, are puckering up to amber shades.
No matter what your skin tone, hair colour, or personal style, chic, stylish, and flattering, orange is a versatile shade that can suit almost every pair of kissers.
Photo: Cara Delevingne via Boudoir PR
Top Tip Lips
– If you have of a sallow complexion, you can pull-off a rich tomato tone or yellowy hues, while pale (and interesting) brides, should opt for coral or red-based tangerines.
– Orange shades can draw attention to redness in your complexion, so spend extra time perfecting your base before you take the plunge with your pout. A sweep of bronzer or a helping of coral blush will complete the look.
– In order to avoid a mane/mouth colour clash, red-headed brides should opt for a matte orange for a clean and elegant finish.
– If you’re opting for an orange lip for your wedding make-up, avoid fake tan at all costs. The new tangerine is a chic and modern look, too much tango, and you’ll look like you’ve stepped straight off the pages of an Eighties wedding mag.
– To make your wedding pout really pop, pair your look with some peachy blooms; ranunculus, dahlias, and peonies will all tie your wedding style together beautifully.
Need some inspiration?
Still not convinced you can pull off the 2014 lip du jour? Take your cue on this hue from the queen of incredible make-up herself, Lisa Eldridge, who’s thorough tutorial gives a crash course in the trend, for everyone from the not-so-peachy-keen, to the confident clementine brides…
So let us know, are you a convert or will you be sticking to the pinks, reds and nudes, this spring?