You may remember, a while back we featured 30 gorgeous flower crowns. Then last week we shared our rather pretty (if we do say so ourselves!) flower hair slide tutorial.
And then we realised, you guys have a serious love for fresh blooms.
Whether you're opting for an elegant English rose look, or a bohemian bride, laden down with wildflowers (or something in between) fresh flowers are incredibly versatile, and add such prettiness and uniqueness to a wedding day look.
Photo by Taryn Christine Photography via Wedding Chicks
Now wearing fresh flowers in your hair on your wedding day can be tricky, but once you follow a few simple tips, you'll have the most heavenly one-of-a-kind tresses.
– If you want your fresh flowers to last into the evening, perhaps consider dryer varieties like baby's breath, heather or lavender, and pair with foliage, herbs (rosemary is so trendy right now!) or succulents.
– Chat to your florist about resilient flower choices, along with which flowers have allergens in them (you don't want to walk up the aisle sneezing, with a rash on the back of your neck!)
– Be careful not to use any setting products near your flowers – advise your hairstylist not to add the flowers until she's let go of the hairspray can. Likewise, try not to get any perfume near the blooms.
– Fresh flowers can look great with your hair up, down or a little bit of both. Whether you create a crown or a slide, or dot some small flowers around your up do, remember to keep the rest of your look quite natural, so it doesn't jar with your mane.
– Keep your flowers in water or the refrigerator until the last possible moment before adding them to your hair. And have your photographer take a few hair shots before the ceremony, when your blooms are looking the freshest.
– Finally, have lots of pictures. Because fresh flowers can look everything from wild and bohemian to rather vintage and elegant, you'll need to give your florist, and hairstylist, lots of inspiration.
Take a look at these floral beauties below for ideas…
Photo by Elizabeth Messina Photography
Photo by Ryan Ray Photography via Style Me Pretty
Photo by A Guy + Girl Photography via Bridal Musings
Photo by Amber Weimer via Hair and MakeUp by Steph
Photo Source Unknown
Photo by Retrospect Images via Ruffled
Photo by Love Made Visable via Confetti Daydreams
Photo by Her Lovely Heart via Bridal Musings
Photo by Evelyn Eslava Photography via Green Wedding Shoes
Photo by Joanna Ballentine via Irrelephant
Photo by Ashleigh Jayne Photography via Southern Weddings
Photo via The Wedding Chicks
Photo by Jen Dillender Photography via Style Me Pretty
And something for the grooms…
Photo by Victoria Vrublevska via Loverly
Okay, so we saw this one knocking around the internet, Swedish cider brand, Kopparberg used elderflower beardies it in their ads, and Lover.ly recently shared some blooming beards with their readers too. But we never thought this was a trend we had to worry about.
But then, last week, I was at a festival, and saw a guy standing next to me, with a beard full, and I mean full, of daisies!
Is this the next big thing in male grooming? Let us know what you think.
For more gorgeous wedding hear ideas, see past Hair posts + our Hairspiration board on Pinterest.