Hello gorgeous readers,
Wishing you a very merry Christmas and the happiest of holidays!
I’m taking a little blogging break over the next week to relax, recharge, eat waaay too much and spend time with my family but rest assured Bridal Musings will be back with a bang in the new year.
(photo by Nadia Hung – see the full snowy engagement shoot)
In fact, 2014 is going to be bigger and better than ever as Bridal Musings will be welcoming a brand new muser to these pretty pages. Yippee!
So if you or anyone you know is a budding blogger (or an established blogger) with an eye for design and a penchant for all things chic in the world of weddings, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the official job post and description in early January. (I’m so very excited!!)
In the meantime, this epic post is jam packed full of the best of Bridal Musings in 2013 and is sure to keep you busy till New Year’s Eve!
The Best Of Bridal Musings in 2013
I adore every single engagement shoot and real wedding I feature – this is just a small selection of the beautiful, creative and diverse weddings, shoots and posts that tugged on my heart strings and made me (and you lovely lot) go ‘Wow’ in 2013.
Just click on the links below each photo to check out the full post!
– Rustic Ranch Wedding photographed by Laura Murray Photography
– Handmade Southern Wedding: Heirlooms, Lace & Sugarcane photographed by Jonas Seaman Photography
– Elegant English Countryside Wedding With Fabulous Florals photographed by Dasha Caffrey Photography
– Modern, Country Chic Wedding photographed by J. Shipley Photography
– Colourful Vintage Barn Wedding photographed by Rebecca Wedding Photography
– Quite Possibly The Most Gorgeous Fall Wedding Ever photographed by Depict Photography (love the bride’s hair!)
– Pretty Pastels and Polka Dots Garden Wedding photographed by Lisa Dawn Photography
– Majestic Indian Wedding In A Portugese Palace photographed by Sarah Falugo Photography
– Retro Grey and Yellow Garden Wedding photographed by With Love And Embers
– Pink Rose Filled English Wedding photographed by Catherine Mead Photography
– Chic & Stylish Peachy Pink Ombre Wedding photographed by Troy Grover Photographers
– Romantic Heart Themed Wedding in Portugal photographed by Branco Prata
– Intimate Rustic Country Lodge Wedding photographed by Nikole Ramsay Photography
– Dreamy Beach Engagement Shoot in France photographed by Marion Heurteboust Photography
– Unique Dancers Engagement Shoot in London photographed by Sandra Marusic Photography
– Enchanted Fairytale Inspired Engagement Shoot photographed by Kristen Booth Photography
– Cosy Tea For Two Engagement Shoot photographed by Christie Graham Photography
– Crafty and Creative Engagement Shoot at Home photographed by Hazelwood Photo
– Travel Themed Engagement Shoot – Love is an Adventure photographed by Lauren Fair Photography
Wedding Inspiration Shoots
– A Magical Proposal Shoot: Roses, Snow & A Red Velvet Wedding Dress photographed by Ciara Richardson
– This Flower Girl Dress Shoot is So Adorable it Hurts! photographed by Mariel Hannah Photography
– Co Co Chanel Wedding Inspiration Shoot by Fly Away Bride photographed by Brosnan Photographic
– Robin Hood Inspired Woodsy Wedding Shoot photographed by With Love And Embers
– Vintage Winter Woodland Wedding Inspiration Shoot photographed by Sarah Falugo Photography
– Lace and Light Boudoir Shoot photographed by Laura Murray Photography
Hair & Beauty Posts
– Want to look like Megan Fox on your big day? Check out this fab Make Up Tutorial
– The Chic Chignon – Tutorials & Inspiration
(Patricia Lyons Photography via Style Me Pretty)
– Glamorous Side Swept Waves Tutorial
– Romantic, Messy Chignon Tutorial – It would appear that in 2013 I couldn’t get enough of chignons!
– Make Your Own Garter Tutorial
– Rustic Hanging Floral Aisle Decor
– Pom Pom Shoe Clips – because pretty pom poms and shoes are the perfect combination, non?
– How To Make Floral Ice Cubes
Wedding Planning Posts
We started our series of step by step wedding planning posts from expert wedding planners and boy, did we learn a lot!
Here are a few of the key posts that I insist every newlywed I know (or even just randomly encounter on the tube) reads:
– Top Tips For Newly Engaged Couples
– The Search For Wedding Inspiration
– Expert Advice On ‘The Wedding Budget’ (plus there’s even a free downloadable budget spreadsheet!)
– Choosing The Right Colour Palette For Your Wedding
– Wedding Dress Shopping Tips From The Fitting Room
(Elizabeth Messina via Once Wed)
– Top Tips on Finding Your Perfect Wedding Venue
– Top 10 Chic & Unique Bridal Shower / Hen Do Games
(Brandi Welles Photographer via Bridal Guide)
Sooo amazingly helpful – be sure to pass them on to all your engaged friends too. They’ll thank you for it.
There are so many beautiful, must-watch wedding films in the Bridal Musings Film Gallery it was really hard to narrow them down…but, if I was shipwrecked on a desert island and had to choose just four to watch over and over again (if I somehow had everlasting battery life on my laptop) it would be these four, fine films:
– High Spirited Southern Wedding Film by Josh Gooden Photography and Cinematography
– Rustic Wedding Film in the Australian Outback Featuring an adorable labradoodle puppy at the end of the aisle! by Bubble Rock Studios
– Mesmerising & Unique Wedding Film by the awesome Velare Imaginarium
– Slow Mo, Hip Hop, Pool Party Wedding Film by Roy Kafri (it’s as cool as it sounds and a lot of fun!)
(Dear To My Art Photography via Rock n Roll Bride)
Phew, I told you it was an epic post!
Enjoy the Christmas break, friends. See you back here on January 1st 2014!
ps. If you’re looking for even more wedding loveliness follow the latest musings on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest.