It’s really hard to choose accessories for your wedding.
In a world where we’re bombarded by flower crowns and full-length veils on Pinterest, and where couples are becoming ever more style savvy and creative with their wedding day looks, many brides are hoping to try something new for their own nuptials.
But they don’t know where to start.
Which is where the wonderful Fabiola Capo comes in!
A couture milliner and accessory designer who creates the most stunning signature bridal pieces, think pillar box hats, floral headband veils, vintage-style fascinators, embellished belts and silk caplets.
Trained in New York, and based in Boca Raton, Florida, Fabiola Capo has just unveiled her first ever spring/summer collection.
Entitled, “Lavender & Old Lace”, this chic assortment of chic vintage-style pieces, is inspired by Fabiola’s travels through the enchanting region of Provence, France.
And along with giving us a sneak preview of her exciting new lookbook, photographed beautifully by 13:13 Photography, Fabiola also let us in on her expert tips for choosing the perfect hair accessories for your wedding.
Hats off to the milliner!
Fabiola Capo’s Top Tips on Choosing a Wedding Headpiece
The headpiece is a very important adornment that finishes your bridal ensemble. It draws attention to your face and can enhance your personality with elegance and style. When choosing a headpiece:
1. Keep in mind proportion, style of your dress and hairstyle, wedding theme, and location. They all play an important role on your wedding day look.
2. Make sure it is comfortable to wear and can be secured on your hair even while dancing.
3. Choose a headdress, fascinator, or hat that you love and feel confident wearing.
4. Don’t be afraid of making a statement by wearing an unexpected headpiece.
5. When walking down the aisle, don’t forget to look at your groom’s face when he sees you for the first time on your wedding day.
Aren’t they just beautiful? A chic bridal hat would be really cute teamed with a short wedding dress, don’t you think?
A massive thank you to Fabiola Capo for sharing her fabulous new collection and her expert advice.
And for more ideas on wedding day accessories, be inspired by our hair accessories board on Pinterest.